Glasgow Square Theatre
COVID-19: Phase 3 Reopening Updates
As of Monday, March 21, the Nova Scotia Government is lifting most COVID-19 restrictions. Effective immediately, the following updates to our COVID-19 policies are being put in place:
- We are following the advice of the provincial government and no longer require attendees to wear masks at any of our Glasgow Square-produced shows and events. The decision to wear or not wear a mask will be left up to the personal choice of each attendee. We ask that you please be respectful of others and their individual choice to wear or not wear a mask, and will not tolerate abusive behaviour of any kind on our premises, regardless of your mask-wearing status.
- For events organized by a rental client, the decision to require or not require masks will be at the discretion of the renter.
- Out of respect for those of our guests who are not ready to go maskless, Glasgow Square staff will continue to wear masks at all times while guests are present in the venue, at least for the foreseeable future.
- We have returned to full capacity and no longer require 6 feet of physical distance between groups. We recognize that not all of our guests are comfortable yet sitting in such close quarters with strangers; we will try as much as possible to accommodate any requests to be seated at a distance from others, but this will not always be realistic.
- Despite mandates being lifted, we are still living through a pandemic. Please do not attend any event or show at Glasgow Square if you are feeling unwell, have any symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding, and for helping us to ensure the health and safety of all of our guests and staff.
For more information on government protocols, please visit: novascotia.ca/coronavirus.
For questions or concerns, please contact Thivjan Tharmaratnam, Director of Community Economic Development, Town of New Glasgow – 902-755-7788